Updated Jan. 28, 2019
Casa Sunshine is what we call this house.
A wonderful place to live.
A remodeler’s dream.
And a great investment opportunity.
We think the location and feel of the property are special. We are always tempted to move into the house ourselves.
This property is SOLD. If you don’t want the next property you want to be sold before you can buy it, check out our reserve-a-property option. Not only do you get to reserve a property, but you can freeze the property’s price too. Find out more here.
Another reason to rave about the property’s location is close to 2 restaurants (Big Daddy & Rokeros) and 1 hotel (Tsunami Inn) where expat get-togethers regularly happen.
Scroll Down For Slideshow
About The Beach Front House & Property
- Right on a beautiful beach
- Sits on a large lot – 6045 sq ft (560 m2)
- House is 1800 sq. feet (including porches of 900 sq.ft.)
- 53 feet of beach frontage (16m)
- On a quiet lane of oceanfront properties (almost all of which are already owned by expats)
- Superb location
- Excellent value
- Visually appealing. Everyone likes this house
- Good floor plan
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bath
- Light and cheery
- Sitting porch
- Big double door openings
- Large windows with huge ocean view
- House is structurally sound, but needs roof repair
- Habitable as it is
- Opportunities to customize
Why Live Here
- 2-minute stroll to restaurants and small grocery store
- 10-minute walk (5 min drive) to downtown
- All utilities on site
- Flat property with easy access
- House is currently rented by a local family on a month-by-month basis (They are happy for us to show the house)
- You can hire our contractors, or we can recommend other building contractors, for remodeling
- 2 adjacent beachfront lots are available (see links below)
With the help of one of our local Panamanian contractors, we have done much of the rough-in phase of the remodel.
- Plastered and painted both the interior and exterior walls.
- Cut ideally located and sized window openings with security bars.
- Cut double door openings, ready for your choice of French or other door types.
The floor plan looks like the floor plan pictured on this page – but better.
Instead of the single door shown in the plan, they are double-door wide and french door ready. Also, the window openings toward the ocean are larger and take better advantage of the breath-taking views and ocean breezes.
The floor plan helps make this house a comfortable & enjoyable place to live.
Move Right Into The House
The house is rather rustic, but it is completely habitable. As I mention below, a family currently lives in the house.
It has all services hooked up and functioning (water, electricity, and sewer).
As you can see it has a satellite dish for TV on its roof. You can easily get DSL, broadband, or satellite Internet at this location.
(It needs some roof repair. Like many homes in Panama, it has a corrugated, galvanized sheet metal roof.)
Click On Any Photo To Start Slideshow
There is a local family living in the house. They know the house is for sale and are happy to show it to prospective owners at any time. They have a month-to-month contract with us.
We really like this family and we wanted someone to occupy the house. So the arrangement works in that way.
Look Past The Mess Please
However, they really don’t keep the house in “staging” condition; not that we asked them to do that.
But it is a far cry from what you expect when seeing a house for sale. For instance, one of the bedrooms windows is completely covered with cardboard. This is because the daughter is a nurse and works the night shift at the hospital, and needs a dark room to sleep. And in general, their living arrangement seems very chaotic and messy.
We believe this chaotic housekeeping is the reason the house has been slow to sell. It really doesn’t show well at all.
We are loathe to ask this family to move before we need them to. Therefore, I am simply adding this messy housekeeping warning so that your expectations of the interior of the house are low. I am hoping you can see past the mess and chaos to the design, layout, and structural bones of the house. Because those are really excellent.
The interior photos in the slideshow above were taken during the improvements I described earlier on this page.
This land is titled. It was titled many years ago by the bank Morgan & Morgan. This is good news.
Because it allows you, as a foreigner, to own titled land within 10 kilometers of the border. In Panama, foreigners are not allowed to title land within 10 kilometers of the border. But if the land is already titled, foreigners are allowed to own it and get the title transferred into their name. (note: This property is less than 10 kilometers from the Costa Rica border.) Find out about the Panama 10K rule here.
But because this property is already titled, it is fully and completely legal for a foreigner to have the title transferred into their name. As I said good news.
However, we are selling this property to you as an ROP property, just as it and all the beachfront properties in the San Vicente neighborhood have been bought and sold for generations. If you choose to, you can get the title transferred into your name. Your lawyer can handle this that transaction for you.
Property Tax Exempt
Another piece of good news is that this property will soon be exempt from property taxes.
On October 18, 2017, Panama passed a huge Property tax reform. Starting in Jan. 2019, you will own zero property taxes on your primary home if you bought it for under $120,000.
So this property would be tax-exempt. (Assuming it is your primary residence in Panama).
Affordable & Custom Remodel
We only did the rough-in phase of this house’s remodel so you can have more control of both the look and the final cost of the house.
If you have done a remodel, you know the final cost of the remodel will depend greatly on the finishes used. A granite countertop is more expensive than Formica. Maybe having a high-quality gas range is very important to you, but you are fine opting for standard over-the-counter kitchen cabinets.
Of course, your choice of finishes also has a big impact on your house’s personality and feel. Everything from the paint color, cabinets, kitchen islands, window trim, and more will affect the design of your home.
When and if you decide to remodel the house, you can do it yourself, or we can recommend local contractors and workers.
You can make it more affordable by choosing the timing, phasing, and scope of the remodel. If you aren’t moving down for a couple of years, you can slowly do these finishes on your own schedule.
Living In Panama House
Plus we have an easy way for you to get your beach house built.
Simply have us build one of our Living In Panama Houses on this property.
Our Living In Panama House is specifically designed for a tropical and relaxing beach lifestyle.
We make it affordable by leaving the finishes to you.
We can build you a house within 4 months of the start date.
Puerto Armuelles – A Charming Beach Town
This property is in the charming & unique beach town of Puerto Armuelles.
“Puerto” is a wonderful place to live. It is an ideal place to enjoy a relaxing beach lifestyle and retirement.
About Puerto Armuelles
- Puerto has a real sense of place
- Located right on the Pacific Ocean
- Historic town. Built by Chiquita Banana, starting in the late 1920s
- 2nd largest town in the popular Chiriqui Province.
- All services, right in town
Although it is not yet a tourist destination, Puerto has features to attract recreational visitors, as well as retirees.
- Horseback riding on the beach or in the hills
- Surfing, stand up paddle boarding, or sea kayaking
- Walks on the beach
- Growing number of weekly expat get-togethers
- Volunteer to teach English at local University and schools
- Help with local volunteer spay & neuter animal clinic
- Fishing (there is even a fishing lodge 30 mins away, Hooked on Panama)
- Feed the monkeys at Mono Feliz (about an hour drive away on Punta Burica)
- Help with turtle rescue at Tigre Salvaje (40 min walk past Mono Feliz on Punta Burica)
- Whale watching in season
- Day trips to Boquete, Volcan or Boca Chica
- Bocas del Toro is only a 5-hour drive away and makes for a fun weekend trip
- River rafting opportunities and more nearby
Puerto Armuelles is a place where you can easily create a happy and relaxed life.
Come visit us in Puerto, and see if you agree.
If the property looks interests you, catch a plane to Panama.
Check out the property, town, and Panama.
This is the only way you will ever find out if it is a good fit for you.
Please try to give me a heads up about when you are coming to Puerto Armuelles.
That way we can set aside some out time to meet you. We enjoy giving people tours of property and town.
We love Puerto Armuelles. You might find that you love it too.
I recommend that you do the following:
- 1. schedule a tour of the property and the town
- 2.If you don’t already know if Panama is right for you, take our brief
- The quiz provides a glimpse into the various challenges you may experience in Panama.
- 3.Explore our site to learn more
- and get other
Keep in mind, that you really should spend some time living in Panama before you buy property. You need to make sure Panama (and Puerto Armuelles) is a good fit for you before making a commitment to buy property.
Air Fare Bonus + Financing
We even sweeten the deal in 2 ways:
1) When you buy one of our properties, we will pay your airfare you spent to get to Panama.
2) We offer to finance on many of our properties. Since it can be hard & time consuming for individual foreigners to qualify for a bank mortgage this is a great perk. Click for details of our financing and airfare bonus
Even if you don’t buy from us, we are always available to answer your questions.
We want to help you be happy in Panama.
3 Beachfront Lots In Row – For Sale
Not only is this beachfront house for sale, but 2 adjacent beachfront lots are for sale too (see site plan).
You could buy one or both of these lots in order to double or triple your beach frontage.
Or buy one as an investment.
Or create an instant community by buying with your friends. Either as a small investment group, or each buying one of these 3 properties. The other 2 lots, do not have a house on them.
However, we have an easy way to get a new house built in Panama: Our Living In Panama house. We can build you a house in 3 months. We make it affordable by leaving the finishes to you. Our Living In Panama House is specifically designed for a tropical and relaxing beach lifestyle. Go here for information on our Living in Panama house.
For more information about those 2 adjacent lots, click the links below.
Another beachfront lot for sale – $54K There is a 3-minute property video on the $54K link that also shows this house, covers nearby services, what to do in the area, and more.
If you click the $54K property link above, you can also see a 3 min property video which also shows:
- Nearby services
- Some things to do in the area
- A glimpse of the beachfront house, and more
This house is an excellent value at $79,500.
- On a beautiful beach
- On a large beachfront lot – 6045 sq ft (560 m2)
- Property is ample enough for an additional structure
- In town & near services – including restaurants
- You don’t have to buy a car, unless you want to have one
- Move in ready, even though it needs remodeling
I don’t think you could find a similar beachfront property for less money. Especially not with a pleasant and structurally sound house on it.
We look forward to showing you the property.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Want To See This Property?
Neighborhood: San Vicente
City: Puerto Armuelles
Square Feet (site): 6045 sq ft.
Site Dimensions (Feet): 53' x 118'
Beachfront (linear meters): 16 m
Beachfront (linear feet): 53'
Reference Name: Casa Sunshine