Only a very short (40 yards) walk to the beach
This property is ideal if you want to live by a quiet beach, but still have stores, and restaurants close by.
You won’t find traffic jams here.
It is a wonderful & relaxing place to live.
This property is part of the intimate beach community of Playa Esperanza (see site plan, below).
Playa Esperanza is an easy place to set up your new life in Panama.
And a beautiful place to live.
Scroll To Down For Slideshow
Why Live Here
- Refreshing Ocean Breezes
- Walk and swim at the beach every day
- 5 Minute Walk to Downtown
- Quiet & beautiful beach just 120 feet away
- Nearby 2 weekly expat gatherings
- In the charming beach town of Puerto Armuelles
- Investment potential about to skyrocket
- Custom house recently built on adjacent property (see site plan)
- All utilities on site
- Cable & Internet available
- Ready for construction
- Flat property with easy access
- This property is 5920 sq feet (550 sq. meters)
- In established beach neighborhood
- Local & expat builders available to build your dream beach house
Living In Panama House
In fact, we have an easy way for you to get your beach house built.
Simply have us build one of our Living In Panama Houses on this property.
Our Living In Panama houses are specifically designed for a tropical and relaxing beach lifestyle.
We make it affordable by leaving the finishes to you. Our Living In Panama houses are specifically designed for a tropical and beach lifestyle.
We can build you a house within 4 months of the start date.
Another bonus for this location is that it is close to 2 weekly expat gatherings: Sundays at Tsunami & Wednesdays at Big Daddy’s Beach Club & Hotel.
This property is only a 3 to 5 minute stroll from both of these friendly and supportive expat gatherings.
I’m pleased to say I started the Wednesday get together at Big Daddy’s. I am very happy that it has evolved into a supportive Whatsapp group as well.
Click On Any Photo To Start Slideshow.
Puerto Armuelles – A Charming Beach Town
Puerto Armuelles looks very different from almost all towns in Panama.
This is because, starting in 1927, it was built by Chiquita Banana. Chiquita Banana created the downtown and whole neighborhoods of tropical wooden houses on stilts. They even shipped in wood from Oregon for these houses.
“Puerto” is a wonderful place to live. It is an ideal place to enjoy a relaxing beach lifestyle and retirement.
About Puerto Armuelles
- Puerto has a real sense of place
- Located right on the Pacific Ocean
- Historic town. Built by Chiquita Banana, starting in the late 1920s
- 2nd largest town in the popular Chiriqui Province.
- Everything you need, right in town
Although it is not yet a tourist destination, Puerto has features to attract recreational visitors, as well as retirees.
- Horseback riding on the beach or in the hills
- Surfing, stand up paddle boarding, or sea kayaking
- Walks on the beach
- Weekly expat get togethers
- Volunteer to teach English at local University and schools
- Help with local volunteer spay & neuter animal clinic
- Fishing (there is even a fishing lodge 30 mins away, Hooked on Panama)
- Feed the monkeys at Mono Feliz (about an hour drive away on Punta Burica)
- Help with turtle rescue at Tigre Salvaje (40 min walk past Mono Feliz on Punta Burica)
- Whale watching in season
- Day trips to Boquete, Volcan or Boca Chica
- Bocas del Toro is only 5 hour drive away and makes for a fun weekend trip
- River rafting opportunities and more nearby
Puerto Armuelles is a place where you can easily create a happy and relaxed life.
Come visit us in Puerto, and see if you agree with us.
This land is titled. It was titled many years ago by the bank Morgan & Morgan. This is good news.
If this were a right of possession (ROP) property, as a foreigner, you could not title it. That is because foreigners are not allowed to own titled land within 10 kilometers of the border. And this property is less than 10 kilometers from the Costa Rica border. (Find out about the Panama 10K rule here.)
But because the property is already titled, it is fully and completely legal for a foreigner to have the title transferred into their name. As I said good news.
Morgan & Morgan long ago abandoned its ownership of this and other properties in San Vicente.
If you want the title of this property in your name it is a simple matter to transfer the title from Morgan & Morgan to your name. It is an optional step. If you want to do it, your lawyer can handle this whole transaction for you. Others have done this easily and successfully before.
Much like getting a property titled for the first time, there is a cost involved. It is similar to what it would cost to title an ROP property, if you, as a foreigner, were allowed to do so in this location.
Property Tax Exempt
Another piece of good news is that this property will soon be exempt from property taxes.
On October 18, 2017, Panama passed a huge Property tax reform. Starting in Jan. 2019, you will own zero property taxes on your primary home if you bought it for under $120,000.
So this property would be tax-exempt. (Assuming it is your primary residence in Panama).
If this property interests you, catch a plane to Panama.
Check out the property, town, and Panama.
This is the only way you will ever find out if is a good fit for you.
Please try to give me a heads up about when you are coming to Puerto Armuelles. That way we can set aside some out time to meet you. We enjoy giving people tours of property and town.
We love Puerto Armuelles, and you very well might love it too.
I recommend that you do the following:
- Contact us to schedule a tour of the property and the town
- If you don’t already know if Panama is right for you, take our brief “Will I Be Happy in Panama” quiz. The quiz provides a glimpse into the various challenges you may experience in Panama.
- Explore our site to learn more about Puerto Armuelles and get other FAQs answered
Keep in mind, that you really should spend some time living in Panama before you buy property. You need to make sure Panama (and Puerto Armuelles) is a good fit for you before making a commitment to buy property.
Money Back Guarantee
However, when you decide to buy, I want you to know that we offer what I don’t think anyone else in Panama offers – a chance to change your mind.
We give you 30 days from the time of signing the purchase agreement to change your mind about buying a particular piece of property.
No questions asked.
We will give you a full and fast refund (minus closing costs).
All our properties are throughly vetted and are priced well. Therefore,we don’t think you will take us up on this refund offer, but it is there if you need it.
Financing + Air Fare Bonus
We even sweeten the deal in 2 ways:
1) If you buy one of our properties, we will pay your airfare you spent to get to Panama. (FYI, If you do change your mind and get a refund, it will be minus the cost of the airfare).
2) We offer financing on many of our properties. Since it can be hard & time consuming for individual foreigners to qualify for a bank mortgage this is a great perk. Click the “Why Buy From Us” link below for details on our financing.
Even if you don’t buy from us, we are always available to answer your questions.
We want to help you be happy in Panama.
This beach lot is very affordable at $39,500.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Want To See This Property?
Neighborhood: San Vicente
City: Puerto Armuelles
Square Feet (site): 5920 sq ft
Site Dimensions (Feet): 75' x 89'
Beachfront (linear meters): N/A
Beachfront (linear feet): N/A
Reference Name: Playa Esperanza #4
Keep informed about property in Panama. Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter
Learn about the “6 Steps to Buy Property in Panama”.