This property enjoys fantastic ocean views and breezes.
This large property is only a 50-yard stroll to a beautiful beach.
It is ideally located to enjoy both great ocean views and refreshing ocean breezes. Plus it is on the banks of Rio Corotu.
You get the benefits of a big oceanfront lot, but at half the price.
This property has a very big feel. And it is pretty big at 9903 square feet (860 square meters).
The pictures don’t really do it justice.
Scroll Down For Slideshow
The property is ideally situated at the mouth of the Corotu River, which is in the most southern point of the San Vicente neighborhood of Puerto Armuelles, Panama.
The property is flat and has easy access. All utilities on site. Good local and expats builders are available to build your ideal home.
Why Live Here
- Only 50 yards from the beach
- Walk and swim at the beach every day
- Feels like an oceanfront lot, at half the price
- Refreshing Ocean Breezes
- A very beautiful property, you must see it. Pictures do not do it justice
- Trees and plantings give the property a tropical habitat
- 15 Minute Walk to Downtown
- Grocery store & Restaurants a 3 minute walk away
- Land values in Puerto are rising. Buy now while it’s still affordable
- Near at least 2 weekly expat get-togethers.
Ex-pat neighbors have commented that they find the lot “special”.
- Flat property with easy access
- 60 feet of riverfront (18 meters)
- 8400 sq foot lot (780 sq meters)
- Flat and level site with easy access
- Water & Electricity Available
- Sits well above the river
Start Slideshow – Click On Any Photo Below
Puerto Armuelles – A Charming Beach Town
This property is in the charming & unique beach town of Puerto Armuelles.
“Puerto” is a wonderful place to live. It is an ideal place to enjoy a relaxing beach lifestyle and retirement.
About Puerto Armuelles
- Puerto has a real sense of place
- Located right on the Pacific Ocean
- Historic town. Built by Chiquita Banana, starting in the late 1920s
- 2nd largest town in the popular Chiriqui Province.
- Everything you need, right in town
Although it is not yet a tourist destination, Puerto has features to attract recreational visitors, as well as retirees.
- Horseback riding on the beach or in the hills
- Surfing, stand up paddle boarding, or sea kayaking
- Walks on the beach
- Growing number of weekly expat get-togethers
- Volunteer to teach English at local University and schools
- Help with local volunteer spay & neuter animal clinic
- Fishing (there is even a fishing lodge 30 mins away, Hooked on Panama)
- Feed the monkeys at Mono Feliz (about an hour drive away on Punta Burica)
- Help with turtle rescue at Tigre Salvaje (40 min walk past Mono Feliz on Punta Burica)
- Whale watching in season
- Day trips to Boquete, Volcan or Boca Chica
- Bocas del Toro is only a 5-hour drive away and makes for a fun weekend trip
- River rafting opportunities and more nearby
Puerto Armuelles is a place where you can easily create a happy and relaxed life.
Come visit us in Puerto, and see if you agree with us.
Living In Panama House
Plus we have an easy way for you to get your beach house built.
Simply have us build one of our Living In Panama Houses here. Our Living In Panama House is specifically designed for a tropical and relaxing beach lifestyle.
We can build you a house in 4 months. We make it affordable by leaving the finishes to you.
This land is titled. It was titled many years ago by the bank Morgan & Morgan. This is good news.
If this were a right of possession (ROP) property, as a foreigner, you could not title it. That is because foreigners are not allowed to own titled land within 10 kilometers of the border. And this property is less than 10 kilometers from the Costa Rica border. (Find out about the Panama 10K rule here.)
But because the property is already titled, it is fully and completely legal for a foreigner to have the title transferred into their name. As I said good news.
Morgan & Morgan long ago abandoned its ownership responsibilities of this and other properties in San Vicente.
We are selling this property to you as a ROP property, just as it and other beach properties in the San Vicente neighborhood have been bought and sold for generations. If you choose to, you can get the title transferred into your name. Your lawyer can handle this that transaction for you.
Much like getting a property titled for the first time, there is a cost involved. It is similar to what it would cost to title an ROP property, if you, as a foreigner, were allowed to do so in this location.
Another bonus for this location is nearby at least 2 weekly expat gatherings
In just a few minutes, you can stroll from this property to the restaurants or hotels at which these expat gatherings take place.
Property Tax Exempt
Another piece of good news is that this property will soon be exempt from property taxes.
On October 18, 2017, Panama passed a huge Property tax reform. Starting in Jan. 2019, you will own zero property taxes on your primary home if you bought it for under $120,000.
So this property would be tax-exempt. (Assuming it is your primary residence in Panama).
If this property interests you, catch a plane to Panama.
Check out the property, town, and Panama.
This is the only way you will ever find out if is a good fit for you.
Please try to give me a heads up about when you are coming to Puerto Armuelles. That way we can set aside some out time to meet you. We enjoy giving people tours of property and town.
We love Puerto Armuelles, and you very well might love it too.
I recommend that you do the following:
- Contact us to schedule a tour of the property and the town
- If you don’t already know if Panama is right for you, take our brief “Will I Be Happy in Panama” quiz. The quiz provides a glimpse into the various challenges you may experience in Panama.
- Explore our site to learn more about Puerto Armuelles and get other FAQs answered
Keep in mind, that you really should spend some time living in Panama before you buy property. You need to make sure Panama (and Puerto Armuelles) is a good fit for you before making a commitment to buy property.
Financing + Air Fare Bonus
We even sweeten the deal in 2 ways:
1) If you buy one of our properties, we will pay your airfare you spent to get to Panama.
2) We offer to finance on many of our properties. Since it can be hard & time consuming for individual foreigners to qualify for a bank mortgage this is a great perk. Click for details of our financing and airfare bonus
Even if you don’t buy from us, we are always available to answer your questions.
We want to help you be happy in Panama.
This large ocean view property is very affordable at only $56,500
Please contact us if you have any questions.
Want To See This Property?
Neighborhood: San Vicente
City: Puerto Armuelles
Square Feet (site): 8400 sq. ft
Site Dimensions (Feet): 69' x 151'
Beachfront (linear meters): 18' - river front
Beachfront (linear feet): 60' - river front
Reference Name: Rio Cortu
Keep informed about property in Panama. Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter
Learn about the “6 Steps to Buy Property in Panama”.